The Sulgrave Youth Club


The Sulgrave Youth Club is a voluntary Organisation and registered charity, working with young people aged 8 to 19 years. The Club was founded in 1926 and is located in Shepherds Bush, West London.

The inspiration for providing a Youth club for boys and young men within the local community was Edward De Stein.  He was the founder member of a ‘City of London Brokers’, which through his leadership became an established and successful firm.  During the 1920’s De Stein and a group of like minded friends purchased a property in Sulgrave Road and founded the ‘Sulgrave Club’

In 1936 the Club moved to its current premises in Goldhawk Road where it has remained to the present day.  In 1938 an extension incorporating the main hall and gym were added to the rear of the house.  For the next fifty or so years it was operated as a Boys Club affiliated to the then ‘London Federation of Boys Clubs’ and grant aided by the Local Authority.  Edward De Stein created the Sulgrave Charitable Trust (Now known as the Sulgrave Foundation) which is one of the main supporters of the Sulgrave Club.  He became “Sir” Edward De Stein in recognition of his charitable work.

At the present time (2020) the focus of the Clubs work is still with the 8 – 19 age group, operating 6 days each week and divided into Junior & Senior sections covering 4 evenings and 4 afternoons each week.  The Club also offers activities during the Easter & Summer school holidays.

The Sulgrave Club
287 Goldhawk Rd, London W12 8EU
020 8748 3561
info@thesulgraveclub.org.uk 


Founded in 1926 by Sir Edward De Stein and supported by the Sulgrave Foundation
Sulgrave Club Limited, Registered Charity No: 1165312, Company Limited by Guarantee 07929633